5 Ways to Use Our Insect Repellent
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2017 in News by Heather Hamilton
Growing up, I always hated using insect repellent. Camping and outdoors were a big part of my childhood and OFF! was the go-to when the bugs were out. I can remember spraying the aerosol can of stinky, sticky film onto my skin, and that I couldn’t wait to wash it off.
Thank goodness there are other options today for repelling insects! When creating our Insect Repellent, much like the other products, I wanted something that was not only effective, but that I also felt really good using. Why did insect repellent have to feel and smell gross and come in an industrial-looking can? Well, turns out it doesn't!
Photo courtesy of Free People
Zoe Organics Insect Repellent is not your ordinary repellent. We've come up with 5 ways to use our Insect Repellent that highlight the unique benefits of this multi-functional product:
- Body oil. Our Insect Repellent is a beautifully aromatic body oil. Not only are all of the oils in the blend active insect-repelling ingredients, but the oil feels light on the skin and provides a beneficial, nutrient-rich moisturizer that can be used daily. To apply, dispense oil into your hands and apply evenly like a moisturizer. Avoid eye area when applying to the face.
- Aromatherapy. Geranium, peppermint, clove and lemongrass are some of the oils that make up this citrusy, spicy, gender-neutral blend. Heading out for the day? Apply our Insect Repellent after bathing or before getting dressed. The aromatherapy blend is invigorating – start your day off on the right foot!
- Summer weddings, festivals and parties. There’s nothing like a swarm of biting mosquitoes to put a damper on a party. But our modern, chic aluminum bottles with pretty labels, along with the pleasant, unobtrusive scent, make it easy to keep your party classy and bite free... and your people smelling wonderful.
- Bite soother. Although we take precautionary measures, insect bites happen. Luckily many of the same oils that repels insects help take away the itching and burning. Peppermint, thyme, clove and lemongrass contain properties from cooling the skin to reducing inflammation. Apply our Insect Repellent to the affected area for soothing relief.
- Find your adventure. The great outdoors just beckon adventure and endless possibility. Zoe Organics Insect Repellent was meant to be your sidekick – to make your adventures less “buggy!” Whether going to a baseball game, hiking in the woods, picnicking with friends or roasting marshmallows around the campfire – we want to come along too!
Show us how you use our Insect Repellent on your own adventures! During the months of June, July and August, please post your pics on Instagram and tag #findyouradventure and @zoeorganics. We will be choosing our favorite photos to repost on our feed and may even send a shop credit your way if you're chosen! ;)