zoe organics at the st. helena farmer's market
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 in News by Heather Hamilton
St. Helena, located in the heart of the Napa Valley, is one of my very favorite places in the world. In fact, I spent the first 20+ years of my life here. So, of course I am thrilled that Zoe Organics is going to be part of the charming St. Helena Farmer’s Market this year!
Top 10 reasons to Shop at St. Helena Farmers’ Market (as listed on the SHFM website)
1. Support local farmers and the local economy
2. Reduce pollution and fuel usage. (Our fruits and veggies are grown in California- several of our vendors are from the Napa Valley.)
3. Support growers who respect the environment and protect our natural resources
4. The produce is really FRESH! (Many of our farmers pick just before coming to market- which makes produce more nutritious.)
5. Help protect our farming heritage- keep small family farms in business. Help stop corporate take over of food production.
6. Keep diversity alive in produce choices. Our farmers raise many heirloom varities not available in local supermarkets.
7. Our local produce often costs less than the local produce sold at nearby stores.
8. It’s a good excuse to meet friends for coffee and pastries.
9. Maintain the heritage of this “Community Treasure,” founded in July 1986.
Don’t forget to put these dates on your calendar; Zoe Organics will be a vendor on the following Fridays:
October 1, 15 & 29
If you are going to be in the Napa Valley on these dates, come by between 7:30am and noon for coffee, pastries, locally grown organic fruits and vegetables, fresh cut flowers, and receive 10% off your Zoe Organics purchase when you use this code: farmersmktblog.
You won’t be disappointed!