Top 5 Pregnancy Essentials: Terri Hall from Integrity Botanicals
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 in The Conscious Living Blog by Lee Wassem
We are so excited to have a guest blogger this week! We've known this special mama for a very long time. Her green beauty shop, Integrity Botanicals, was one of our very first retailers. Terri is just a couple days away from her due date with her second (so exciting!) and because Integrity Botanicals only carries the best natural and organic skincare products, we reached out to her to share her pregnancy skincare essentials and she did not disappoint. Read about her favorites below.
I was completely flattered when Zoe Organics asked if I would do a guest post talking about my pregnancy essentials. We have one son, Jackson, who is now 5 1/2 years old and I’m now in the final days of my second pregnancy. I used Zoe products in my pregnancy with Jackson and excited to share that Zoe products are a staple in my current pregnancy.
Here are my Top 5 Pregnancy Essentials:
- Zoe Organics Belly Oil: I’d highly recommend this for early on in pregnancy, from the first day that you find out you are pregnant. I used this with my first pregnancy and it definitely helped with my skin’s elasticity. I didn’t notice any stretch marks later in my first pregnancy as my belly quickly started to expand. In my second pregnancy, I failed to use this early on with being a busy working mom and then started to notice stretch marks develop in my 2nd trimester - lesson learned! I love how fast this belly oil absorbs without any greasy after-feel and will use this post pregnancy to get my belly back into shape.
- Zoe Organics Belly Butter: I used this in my 2nd and now in my 3rd trimester (both pregnancies). This belly butter is great for dryness and itchiness associated with stretching skin. I love how it spreads and absorbs into skin, making your belly feel moisturized and comfortable. A little goes a long way too so it will last a long time.
- Zoe Organics Everything Balm: If I had to choose one all over body care essential from Zoe (including a growing belly), especially for travel, this would be my go-to. It’s great because it comes in a convenient stick, spreads easily over skin without tugging and is super moisturizing without that greasy after feel. It has a light vanilla-coconut scent that’s really comforting. This balm also comes in handy if you are traveling with other kids - my 5 1/2 year old loves to use this balm and all by himself. :)
- de Mamiel Pregnancy Facial Oil: Love how this facial oil makes my skin glow! The aromatherapy blend of this oil is very soothing, calming and harmonious, it has a silky texture and it makes my skin feel so smooth. I love that this oil is also specifically formulated for pregnancy related concerns – hormonal and reactive skin, and especially safety. Pregnancy and beauty products, and what we put on our skin can become a very confusing topic, especially with the use of essential oils.
- La Bella Figura Découverte Under Eye Repair Serum: My absolute favorite eye serum for reducing dark circles and puffiness (not only during pregnancy!) This has been especially helpful in my 3rd trimester with many sleepless nights and struggling to be comfortable, not to mention my mind racing about all the things I need to do to prepare for our sweet baby’s arrival. This will also be a staple for me post pregnancy with the countless sleepless nights ahead. While this product is not specifically formulated for pregnancy, I personally feel comfortable using this product while pregnant. I always recommend checking with your doctor first before applying skincare products while pregnant.
Former Parson’s alum and former women’s contemporary fashion designer Terri Hall, the seeds for Integrity Botanicals and her passion for Green Beauty were sown when Terri was a teenager struggling with problematic skin that lasted throughout college. Terri spent countless hours researching and experimenting with myriad natural homemade remedies – from egg white masks to face cleansers to hair masks and anti-aging treatments — to sooth problematic skin, psoriasis and more.
Terri launched Integrity Botanicals with her husband Marc and after the birth of her son devoted herself to the Green Beauty industry and helping to educate customers on beauty products that were healthy, luxurious and full of integrity.