With all of the illnesses going around, plus Spring in the air (hello, allergies!), we want to talk about two of our star products, Breathe Balm and Breathe Blend. *edited to add: This blog post was ready to go live today, however, we feel like we should edit it in light of COVID-19 and events surrounding it. Grocery stores are continually empty, after school activities and sports are cancelled, Disneyland is closed until further notice, and schools are closing left and right. We want to support our community in any way we can. Zoe Organics will continue to go make and ship product for as long as possible. Stay safe and healthy. XO
While our products are not intended to treat or cure disease, they are intended to make life more comfortable. Herbs and essential oils have been known to provide immune boosting benefits, while we continue to learn more and more about the toxic effects of so many ingredients in our personal care products. Did you know that most commercial topical ointments for colds and coughs contain synthetic ingredients, fragrance and petrochemicals? Research has shown that these ingredients can cause adult and child cancers, numerous neurological disorders, asthma, allergies and skin irritations. That's why we created our Breathe Balm and Breathe Blend.
Our Breathe Balm contains only organic ingredients; shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil and our proprietary blend of therapeutic grade essential oils. That's it! Apply to chest, back, neck and soles of feet several times per day, especially at night when coughs are worst. We love that it comes in a handy stick for easy application. Recommended for ages 3 months and up, however, mama can apply to chest prior to breastfeeding or snuggling to provide baby with some of the aromatherapeutic benefits.
Our *NEW* Breathe Blend was created to give you more options for use! You can still use it topically when mixed with a carrier oil, balm, or our favorite - our Cream! Our favorite way to use it is in a diffuser. The essential oils in the blend contain antiviral properties as well as decongestant, so filling your home or room with this lovely blend is a win! Don't have a diffuser? Add a few drops to a pot of water simmering on the stove (just keep an eye on it!) or add a few drops to a steamy shower and breathe in the vapor. Our Breathe Blend also contains only organic ingredients of eucalyptus, lavender, grapefruit, tea tree, and cedarwood.
- Eucalyptus Radiata is known for its antiviral, antibacterial and decongestant properties, which makes it a wonderful companion during cold and flu season. It is also the gentlest of the eucalyptus species, making it is safe for use with children.
- Grapefruit has an uplifting, citrusy scent and is antibacterial and antimicrobial.
- Lavender calms, soothes and nurtures emotional health. A powerful analgesic as well as antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-toxic, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, restorative and tonic on the skin. It contains a high percentage of linalool, which makes it excellent for healing.
- Cedarwood has a warm woody aroma that is calming and grounding. It is also anti-inflammatory.
- Tea Tree is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-viral.
All Zoe Organics essential oils come from plants that have been grown with integrity and without harmful pesticides. These oils have been processed without the use of solvents or other contaminants and they are sourced from reputable farmers around the globe who take much care in providing the highest quality oils.
We love and use these products daily. Coughs, colds, allergies and to simply just "breathe"- we cannot get enough!